2012: Another “Extra” Bank Holiday for HM The Queen

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

• BeckyBoop
    Participant

VK, Why would you need a suite at the Savoy when you make out you live in Kensington?

DoS, I am sure the British Embassay will have a party going on which you could join 😉

I am in Bournemouth!!! 🙂

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

BB – If you are there on Tuesday evening, get down to Poole Harbour – It will be Mototbike Night!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

TdC, will you be there? at the moment we plan to leave on the Tuesday but will speak to my bf 🙂

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

BB Likely if am in the country but there is a fair chance I’ll not be back.

If I am, mine will be a BMW K1200RS in light blue with red stripes on the fairing. Will be wearing a CMA patch vest.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I don’t recall ever having set out where I live.

The river views are what it’s all going to be about for the Jubilee Regatta, and avoiding the hoardes of people crowding the Embankment; it should be the perfect venue!

http://captainjpslog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/preparing-for-queens-jubilee-regatta.html

BeckyBoop
    Participant

TdC, thanks if we go i will be sure to look out for you, not sure what i will wear yet 😉 xx

VK, if you are into rowing you want to get yourself down to the Henley Royal Regatta, sounds like your sort of thing.

http://www.hrr.co.uk Btw does the Savoy have rooms with balcony’s? also if you must stay there dont eat any of the food or drink, its horrid, over priced and the staff are just rude.

RichHI1
    Participant

I am intrigued why the British call public holidays bank holidays. Surely
    As everyone except bankers in the Uk have to take responsibilities for their finances,, the entire year is a bank holiday?

Binman62
    Participant

RichHI1….. How very true,

RichHI1……..how true

Must say I am escaping the flag waving pomp for a few sunny days in Europe and hopefully the bunting and silly hats will all be gone when I get back.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I think a Bank Holiday (and it’s a Leap Year, so there’s no net loss of economic activity) is a terrific idea, particularly as we look forward to one of the best possible summers here in the UK with the double whammy of a Diamond Jubilee celebration followed by the great honour of holding the Olympics, with all the spectacle and long term legacy that event brings.

I can’t think of a better way to commemorate 60 years, with hardly a foot put wrong.

Binman62
    Participant

Best possible summer …in UK.

London perhaps, but outside the M25 the Olympics are of little interest.
    Most of the major jubilee events are also London centric and so great for the tourists.

JordanD
    Participant

270,000 people (Devon & Cornwall Police’s figures) have viewed the Olympic Torch on it’s route in the first 2.5 days. I’d hardly call that “little interest”.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Dutch, it was the Brits who invented the stuff though. Then the French nicked it!!!

RichHI1
    Participant

If I Could stop yawning, I would ask for Van Gelis playing all the background music. Shan’t be here won’t miss it.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls