On August 9 Singapore will celebrate the big "5-0" – fifty years since the city gained its independence.
Look out for these offers in the Lion City and beyond, in celebration of the Golden Jubilee. Click on the links for further details.
- Enter the Concorde Hotel Singapore's #OldOrchardRoad Facebook contest before August 9 to win a 2D1N stay at the property.
- Enjoy tantalising Peranakan flavours with Singapore Airlines, as culinary star Shermay Lee brings family recipes on-board throughout September.
- Become a bonafide foodie at Hotel Clover's three Singapore hotels, with the group's Wok Star package, comprising a cooking class with Ruqxana Vasanwala of Cookery Magic. Available through to October 31.
- Shangri-La Singapore’s "SG50 Urban Escape" deal offers three nights for the price of two in their Horizon Club Premier Rooms. Rates start at S$500 per night, offer valid until August 31.
- Enjoy fine dining with a bayfront view at Cafe B. The National Day Menu (available until August 9) includes new dishes named after Singapore's most popular sights such as Jubilee Pie.
- Get S$5 off a glass of the nation's favourite cocktail, the Singapore Sling, when you visit C Side bikini bar at Sentosa's Siloso Beach. Until August 10.
- Enjoy local fare at the Marina Square Food Festival, and score instant prizes upon spending S$50. Top prize: S$500 worth of dining vouchers at Marina Mandarin Singapore. Until August 10.
- On August 9, enjoy a birdseye view of the National Day fireworks at Sky by Justin Quek in Marina Bay Sands, and tuck into a six-course menu specially created for the event.
- Anyone celebrating their 50th birthday this year can have an all-you-can-eat experience at Fairmont's Asian Market Cafe and Swissotel The Stamford's Cafe Swiss for only 50 cents (Thursdays to Saturdays) when accompanied by two paying adults. Until August 9.
- Party the night away at exclusive penthouse lounge Empire and enjoy unparalleled views of the National Day fireworks. From 5pm on August 9.
- Watch the spectacular "A Celebration of Our Heritage" video projection show at The Fullerton Hotel Singapore every night from August 1 to 9.
- Yeo Chee Kiong will reveal his interactive sculpture "In the Eye of the Red Dot", which conveys the aspirations and ambitions of Singapore. Fort Canning entrance of the National Museum of Singapore. From September.
- Enjoy a 50 per cent discount on admission to the Jurong Bird Park, which boasts a collection of more than 5,000 birds, until August 31.
- Receive limited edition SG50 collectibles when you catch selected shows at the Esplanade Theatres on the Bay.
- Changi Airport is offering special SG50 discounts in 150 of its retail and F&B outlets until the end of September.
- Pedro has introduced an exclusive shoe collection inspired by Singapore's official flower, the Vanda Miss Joaquim orchid - Florets of Style.
- Salvatore Ferragamo has launched a SG50 reinterpretation of its iconic Ginny handbag, featuring the colours of Singapore's flag.
- Flying with Singapore Airlines? Their KrisShop catalogue will feature several limited edition Singapore-themed items created just for SG50.
- Spend S$50 or more at The Jewellery Shop, Red Army Watches, Goodgoods & Urban Ski to stand a chance of winning a range of prizes.
- Sample authentic Singaporean dishes with Satay Inn's "Singapore 50th Anniversary Dinner" set menu, available throughout August. Hong Kong.
- From August 7-16. Shangri-La Sydney’s Café Mix will be serving up national favourites at its Singapore Food Festival. Australia
- Members of Hotels.com can enjoy S$50 off all hotel stays when booking via the Hotels.com app using mobile coupon code “SG50M”. Book by 31 October and travel or stay by 31 December 2015.
- A2A, which specialises in African safari packages, is offering a special SG50 promotion (up to 40 per cent off) for travellers from Singapore, Hong Kong, the Philippines, China, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia Valid between July 1 and August 15, as well as October to March 31, 2016.
- Tourists can enjoy exclusive privileges and discounts at participating stores in the [email protected] mall by presenting their passport to the concierge desk at B1.
- Select stores in the HarbourFront centre will be offering 30 per cent discount to tourists who show their passport at L1, while McDonald's will offer free coffee.