Air Canada has announced an expansion of international services to Europe from Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Calgary.
The airline’s Summer 2014 Europe schedule includes
- The introduction of premium economy on Vancouver-London Heathrow flights year-round, as well as Montreal-London Heathrow flights during the peak summer travel season.
- larger aircraft employed on flights from Calgary to London Heathrow and Frankfurt, as well as from Montreal to Brussels and Geneva.
- Air Canada's leisure carrier subsidiary, Air Canada rouge launching seasonal non-stop flights between Toronto-Manchester, Toronto-Lisbon, Montreal-Barcelona and Montreal-Nice.
- The new routes supplement the leisure carrier's other popular vacation destinations, including previously announced Toronto-Dublin year-round service, as well as holiday and cruise package options offered in conjunction with Air Canada Vacations.
- the introduction of year-round non-stop service from Toronto to Milan, Italy with up to five weekly flights, offering the only non-stop service between Canada and Milan.
- an increase its year-round Toronto-Istanbul non-stop service to daily flights from three times weekly.
"The introduction of our new international Premium Economy cabin has also met with extremely positive customer feedback and we are pleased to continue its introduction with our five specially-configured Boeing 777-300ER aircraft on routes such as Vancouver-London and Montreal-London where market demand calls for a larger supply of Economy and Premium Economy seats, in addition to continuing to offer Executive First business class service.” Ben Smith, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, commented.
Air Canada will have taken delivery of five new B777-300ER aircraft for the mainline fleet between June 2013 and February 2014, and the first three of 37 B787 aircraft by the summer of 2014.
Air Canada is scheduled to take delivery of six 787-8 aircraft in 2014 and the remaining 31 787-8 and -9 aircraft between 2015 and 2019.
Business Traveller readers have previously noted that the new B777-300ER aircraft with premium economy, have also seen the introduction of 10-across seating in economy. To read more about this, and to see readers' comments, click here.
To read a review of the service, click here