Growing demand by Asian travellers has prompted Finnair to increase the number of direct flights between Helsinki and several cities in the region.
• Seoul will increase to six times weekly and Nagoya will increase to five times weekly from December this year
• Osaka will increase to six times weekly and Delhi will increase to daily flights in January 2011
• Seoul, Nagoya and Osaka will go daily from March 27, 2011, the start of the summer traffic season
• Singapore will be served with new daily direct flights from May 2011
• Hongkong will increase to 12 times weekly in June 2011
Mika Perho, Finnair senior vice-president sales and marketing, said: "Our Asian strategy is working very well and is creating many opportunities for us...we are expanding our fleet and boosting our market share here."
Three other Asian cities that Finnair already flies to direct and on a daily basis are Beijing, Shanghai and Tokyo.
For more about the airline, visit www.finnair.com
Margie T Logarta