British Airways has officially unveiled its new economy (World Traveller) and premium economy (World Traveller Plus) product on its new B777-300ER aircraft. The new seats will be fitted on new deliveries of the B777-300ER aircraft, as well as future B787s and A380s. They will also be retrofitted on 18 of BA's existing B777-200s (those fitted with the old, non-AVOD 'GMIS' IFE systems) - the carrier's remaining B777-200 fleet and its B747 fleet will not be retrofitted, but instead will be "refreshed". Business Traveller has covered the launch of the new seating extensively over the past week - here are links to all of the relevant articles:
- For more details of the launch of the new seating, click here.
- For official images of the new World Traveller seating, click here.
- For official images of the World Traveller Plus seating, click here.
- For images taken by Business Traveller during the launch, click here.
- For an inflight review of the new seating, click here.
- For more details on the new Thales IFE system, click here.