Bangkok hotels are back in business after some tense weeks in the capital, and they’re wooing travellers with a raft of special rates. Here’s what has come our way.
• For bookings made 21 days or more in advance for weekends, guests can enjoy a 20 percent discount at the Conrad Bangkok for stays before October 1, 2010. Perks incude breakfast served until 11am and late check-out until 6pm. Kids can stay and eat for free.
• Dusit Thani Bangkok has a promotion offering a second night’s stay at 50 percent or a second room at 50 percent. This runs until August 31.
• The Four Seasons Bangkok has a Deluxe room package priced at THB4,900 (US$150) with perks including free internet access, guaranteed early check-in or late check-out until 6pm, minibar credit up to THB500 (US$15) per stay, 25 percent discount on a single spa treatment at MSpa, welcome Jasmine tea and fresh fruits, coffee and tea brought to your room for the wake-up call and free use of the gym, including steam room and Jacuzzi. This is valid until October 31.
• The Mandarin Oriental has a two-day family package focused on discovering Bangkok’s rich heritage, which includes city tours led by a professional tour guide. Nightly rates are US$1,639 for two Superior River Wing rooms and US$2,679 for a Two-Bedroom Family suite for a family of four. This is is valid until October 15.
• Members of Lufthansa’s frequent flier programme Miles & More, coming in for two nights or more at Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Bangkok, JW Marriott Bangkok and Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, can enjoy a 15 percent discount off the chain’s Stay for Breakfast package rate. In addition, they will receive 500 Lufthansa bonus miles on top of regularly earned miles. The deal is for stays completed before September 30.
• The Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok has a special offer of 50 percent off the second night of a guest’s stay until July 31. Benefits include access to the gym, the i.sawan pool, the tennis and squash court, and invitation to join the daily fitness program. Guests can also enjoy discounts up to 50 percent on dining and spa treatments. Reservations must seven days in advance.
• InterContinental and Holiday Inn Bangkok are offering a business package at THB5,299 (US$163) per room per night for a Grand Deluxe room. Perks include complimentary daily breakfast at Espresso as well as free high-speed internet access. This is good until August 31.
• Bookings for 30 days in advance for at least two nights at Pan Pacific Bangkok are eligible for a discount of 20 percent off the best available rates starting from THB2,880 (US$85) and up. But these have to be made before November 30.
• Guests checking in at the Westin Grande Sukhumvit are entitled to 50 percent off the second night of their stay until December 31. Perks include an in-room spa treatment and access to the gym.