A variety of airline and hotel packages are up for grabs in Business Traveller's 2009 Silent Auction which kicks off today.
Organised by Business Traveller Asia-Pacific and Business Traveller China, this yearly fund raiser will again benefit the AIDS-impacted children of China. In recent years, Business Traveller has worked with the Chi Heng Foundation to provide scholarships and build six reading rooms in the villages of Anhui and Henan.
This year, the auction process will be conducted in four monthly phases with different set of items featured for bidding during each cycle. Here's the schedule for each phase:
- Phase 1 - November 1 to 30, 2009
- Phase 2 - December 1 to 31, 2009
- Phase 3 - January 1 to 31, 2010
- Phase 4 - February 1 to 28, 2010
Prospective bidders must keep in mind the conditions below before making a bid:
1. A proxy system is used for the auction. When you place a bid, you are allowed to enter the maximum amount you are willing to pay for the item. Other bidders do not have access to your maximum bid. The system will place bids on your behalf using the automatic increment amount of US$1 over the current high bid, until your maximum bid is exceeded by another bidder. In such cases, you will be notified by email so you can place another bid.
2.Blackout dates and conditions may apply to the auction packages, air tickets and hotel accommmodation. Advance reservation is required and the offer is subject to availability. Kindly check directly with airlines and hotels for details and ensure booking before making your travel plans. Business Traveller will not be responsible for booking arrangements.
3. Validity of most vouchers is from May 1, 2010 until April 30, 2011. Please check each item description for the designated validity.
4. Frequent flyer mileage and hotel loyalty points are not available for any of the auction items.
5. Prizes are transferable but must not be re-sold. Any re-sale item is considered null and void.
6. Winners will be notified by email after each phase of the auction closes, with details for payment. Vouchers will be dispatched to winners after payment is well received
7. All bids are in US dollars. Payment by credit card will be charged with Hongkong dollars at US$1=HK$7.8
The 2009 Silent Auction can be accessed online at www.businesstraveller.asia/auction.
Auction on the last day of each phase ends at 23:59 GMT.