- GreenTree Inn Nanjing Gulou Hotel has opened in downtown Nanjing in China’s Jiangsu province. All 69 guestrooms in this budget hotel are equipped with complimentary wireless internet access.
- Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort and Spa, Maldives has recently opened with 142 stand-alone villas. The resort features a spa, an Eco Centre, a health club with a gym and two tennis courts, an entertainment centre, four retail shops, a medical centre and a kid’s zone. It also offers dive and water sports activities for guests who wish to go surfing, scuba diving, snorkelling.
- Swiss-Belhotel International will manage the 300-room Swiss-Belhotel Wudang in Shiyan City. The hotel chain is planning to eventually operate 15 hotels in China by 2011.
OFFERS AND PROMOS
- For every purchase of a one-night stay, the Fairmont Beijing is offering the second night for free. Rates start from CNY1,288 (US$189) per night. The offer is valid through September.
- HotelClub, one of the leading online providers of accommodation, marks its 11th year anniversary by offering a host of value-added benefits and attractive offers for consumers making online reservations.
Until August 12, consumers who book rooms on its website will receive double points, which can be used on future bookings for free hotel stays or a discount. To book rooms and earn points, you must enrol in the HotelClub Membership Programme, which is free of charge. To join this promotion, click, here.
Meanwhile, nine Asian hotels have banded together to offer exclusive deals to celebrate HotelClub’s 11th year. Bintan Lagoon Resort has room rates from S$120 (US$83) per night with breakfast and welcome drink. BP International Hong Kong is offering a 15 percent discount on bookings seven days before the check-in date. Boulevard Hotel Kuala Lumpur is offering S$115 (US$80) per room per night with breakfast.
Banthai Beach Resort & Spa, Phuket has nightly rates from S$97 (US$67) per room, inclusive of free Wi-Fi and late 3pm check out. Que Huong Liberty 4 Hotel Ho Chi Minh City offers S$62 (US$43) per room per night with breakfast. Grande Centre Point Ratchadamri Hotel Bangkok is charging S$140 (US$97) per night with breakfast.
Royal Hotel Macau is offering 12 percent off for booking five days before the check-in date. Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa has nightly rates from S$199 (US$138) with breakfast. Caesar Park Hotel Taipei gives 10 percent off with a minimum of two nights’ stay.
- Pan Pacific Hotels Group has new tie ups with British Airways (BA) and United Airlines (UA). Passengers of both airlines can accumulate 500 miles per stay on their BA and UA frequent flyer accounts when they book at Pan Pacific or Parkroyal hotels and resorts across Asia and North America.
- Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts is crediting 500 miles to Oman Air passengers’ Sindbad frequent flyer account for every eligible stay in any of the 62 Shangri-La and Traders hotels around the world. Sindbad members, who are also Shangri-La’s Golden Circle members, will receive additional Sindbad miles as bonus. Golden Circle Executive members will earn an extra 125 miles while Golden Circle Elite members will get another 250 miles.
- For a group of 15 people and more, The Shilla Seoul has full-day meeting packages from KRW250,000 (US$197) per person. Packages include overnight accommodation in a Superior Room, use of a meeting room, lunch and coffee breaks. For delegates who do not require hotel stays, the rate is RW90,000 (US$71) per person.
- The Cradle Mountain Lodge in Tasmania, Australia is the latest boutique hotel to join the MGallery collection under the Accor group. The hotel is located at the entrance of the World Heritage-listed Cradle Mountain and Lake St Clair National Park. It is surrounded by 20 walking trails for every fitness level. It has 86 guest cabins and features the Highland Restaurant and Waldheim Alpine Spa.
- Zendai Art Hotel in Shanghai has joined the Preferred Hotels and Resorts. Located in the Himalayas Centre Complex, the soon-to-open hotel has 313 guestrooms and suites, a grand ballroom, six function rooms, a fitness club and pool, sauna and relaxation rooms, a restaurant and over 5000sqm landscaped gardens.