Will the BA/IAG shareholder discount continue in 2012?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)

• Eastbourneguy
    Participant

Thanks, I have used it man times this year

Just wondered what will happen on the 1s Jan 2013 if the codes will still work

VintageKrug
    Participant

It would be best to contact the Company Secretary/Investor Relations for a definitive answer;

http://www.iagshareholders.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=240949&p=contact

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

Hi
    Has anyone tried to use the 2012 shareholder codes today?

Mine doesn’t work – i guess they all expired last night – can someone check theirs?

Thanks

Drumochter
    Participant

Has anyone tried to use the 2012 shareholder codes today?

Yes, I have the same trouble as you…..

I wonder if they will be re-instated in the next few days?

A guid New Year tae yin an`aw!

Travellator
    Participant

Gives an error message – shareholder or discount reference not valid !

Munkyboi
    Participant

I emailed IAg investor relations and the reply was:

…… they are being extended but unfortunately there is an issue with ba.com today which won’t be resolved today and you can’t currently making a booking through the shareholder site. Please bear with us while we get this resolved……..

Follow up message
    I don’t know when it will be fixed so you will need to decide whether to wait or book without the discount. (02/01/13 @ 16:21)

SimonS1
    Participant

“I don’t know when it will be fixed so you will need to decide whether to wait or book without the discount”.

I love the BA approach to customer service.

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

I emailed the BA Sharholder Manager and she responded with:

“Its to do with the new calendar year, I was assured by BA it would continue to work!”

then later on

You can either book now without the discount or wait for it to be resolved.

(Bet they wont give the discount retrospectively !!)

Will1963
    Participant

I just spoke to investdirect (hsbc) who hold my shares and was told the discount is not discontinued

Will1963
    Participant

Spoke to IAG and they said if your code begins 619******* it will be honoured until they make a final decision and that the website is down causing login probs

GordyUK
    Participant

yes because they’ve clearly had no time to sort this out in the .. what?… 2 years they’ve know about it

are they worried that discontinuing it will cause people to offload and the price plummet?

openfly
    Participant

Just spoken to a very helpful knowledgeable guy at Investor Relations.
    He says that the IT folks are working on the problem today and they hope to have it up and running again in the next 24 to 48 hours….but he had the decency to apologise….. which costs nothing.

Fingers crossed.

Travellator
    Participant

Hi Will

My number begins 619 but it doesnt work. I had to book without my discount as the web site was stating ‘ only two seats left at this price ‘ for the CE sale seats I wanted – had no choice really.

openfly
    Participant

Just had a call from Investor Relations telling me that the Shareholder discount system is now fixed. It has to shake-down overnight and will be available for use from 0600 GMT.

Good news, hopefully

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

Have just checked mine and it appears to be working again

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls