Why were BA miles not added for my AA flight?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

stevescoots
    Participant

I just decided, finally to check my last 6 months BA statement. last year I did a round the world on one world, got points for all legs including the internal US ones…except my AA business class flight to Chicago. the only response i seen to get from ba is that its just not eligable for points. any idea why they would do that?

from my statement

10-Jul-10 14-Jul-10 Ineligible flight – LONDON HEATHROW – CHICAGO (C/J)
    AA91(Operated by: American Airlines)(Booking ref: KKDROD)

NTarrant
    Participant

Until recently you only earned points and miles on all AA flights with the exception of transatlantic. That has changed recently following the tie up with AA.

stevescoots
    Participant

thanks,

so much for one world….

VintageKrug
    Participant

So much for doing some research before you flew….

You could have credited to BAEC at the time, but I think the opportunity for retro-credit has now passed.

As always, caveat emptor.

stevescoots
    Participant

And there in lies the rub, you shouldnt need to do a lot of reasearch when booking to make sure you get points, especially something like one world with such major carriers, get best price, yes but points, no.

Sure I would expect it on skyteam or SA as they have so many smaller airlines.

I have 2 more round world in the next 3 months with BA/Cathay/AA and AE coming, will be intersting to see what points i get.

london-HK-LA-San D-seattle-chicago-lexington-chicago-philly-london. I can already see the 4 S’s on my tickets in the US…all those one ways!!

VintageKrug
    Participant

The inability to earn reciprocal AA/BA points solely on Transatlantic was not a oneworld restriction; it was imposed by regulators.

This was lifted last year, so you shouldn’t have any similar issues in future.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls