Why no Wi-Fi?

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

fitbusinesstrip
    Participant

Is it too much to ask? Maybe it is…

On my recent business trip to Florida, I made two stopovers – one in South Beach Miami and the other in Orlando.

At my first hotel, a little trendy for my liking (you know, the kind of hotel where it’s ‘cool’ for the staff to be evasive and unhelpful), wi-fi was on tap and I couldn’t get enough of it. 24 hour access, in my room, at no extra cost. I was a happy man, surfing til my heart was content!

At my next stop, Orlando, the home of Mickey and all things seemingly more friendly, I expected more of the same, but my hotel chose to charge me for the priviledge – by the hour!

I thought hourly charging for the internet died earlier this century??

It amazes me how come I can pop into the nearest coffee house and get free wi-fi when I spend a few pounds or dollars on a coffee, and yet when I am spending hundreds at a well known hotel chain, I get stung for going online.

Yet another mystery in the life of a business traveller…

So this site should prove quite useful. It’s called Ji-Wire Global Wi-Fi Finder and it might just save you or your business a few expensive internet calls.

Google it and give it a go.

Find out where your next ‘hot-spot’ could be…

Good luck!

Simon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls