Why are American Flight Attendants so Rude??!

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

• Alsacienne
    Participant

Loved the “Caledonian Girls” advertisement at the time it came out … good lyrics and choreography, and it still raised a smile on a grey dismal morning .. many days later! Thanks for sharing and the memories!

But hey folks, let’s not forget that Flight Attendants (whatever they call themselves or whatever ‘costumes’ they wear) are principally here for your safety … and the rest, just the cherry on the cake!

alainboy56
    Participant

@Alsacienne – loved the girls too.

I once had the pleasure of chatting up an entire BCAL crew in Muscat in 85 or 86.
    They had only just recently started night-stopping in MCT after the RUH flight had been extended to incl MCT and were staying at the then recently constructed and very palatial Al Bustan Palace, which is, if anyone knows quite a way outside Muscat/Ruwi City.

I had met them all, I remember there were 2 guys, and the rest were girls, in the nightclub there on a Thursday night and as none of them had ever been to Oman prior to this trip, I offered the next day (day off Friday) to take them to breakfast (yes incl pork sausages) at the Al Inshirah Restaurant overlooking the Corniche), a trip into the interior to Nizwa and Tanuf (a bombed village) and a return to my Companies Club House where they all could throw on their cossies and lay by the pool for the last few hours of sunshine.

What a day — 5 girls (and alas 1 guy) took up my offer. None of my work colleagues will forget it either, when I brought 5 bikini wearing girls around the corner to the pool area and to the bar. I am sure their names are recorded in the Guest Book still today.

1 user thanked author for this post.

RoyJones
    Participant

Back to the title. I have had 5 recent flights on American and United, admittedly in First Class and all flight attendants were polite and, in one case, extremely helpful. This was to an elderly lady with walking difficulties where they could not have been more helpful in getting her to and from her seat. Since 9/11 Americans in particular have been more cautious viz the refreshment trolley blocking the aisle when a flight crew member goes to the toilet but if you are polite and friendly to them it always seems to be returned. Yes I do remember a flight on Pan Am down to Rio where the FA was in her 60s and held on to a seat while doing the safety demo. I asked my neighbour who was going to help her off in a real emergency. Perhaps slightly too loudly but I caught my main course before it landed on my lap.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls