Which is the best Brittish Airways lounge at Heathrow Terminal 5?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

• JRoker
    Participant

Hi,

I upgraded my flight to Club World when travelling from Heathrow which means I will have access to the Brittish Airways lounges at Heathrow. I have never been to one and since there is multiple ones, I would like to ask you for recommendations which is the best one according to your experience?

DavidSmith2
    Participant

My choice depends on where my flight is leaving from. If it is going from B or C gates, I always head down to the B gate lounge. It is generally much quieter than the main lounges at A but has all the same stuff. And you are then closer to the gate when boarding is announced. So worth asking at check-in whether they can confirm which gate area your flight is leaving from.

3 users thanked author for this post.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

I’d echo DavidSmith2 – with long haul flights almost always going from the B or C gates, head for the B lounge.
    I’ve always found it relatively quiet and calm and F&B selection should generally be the same as the two in the main terminal.
    There is a third in the main terminal you can use if OneWorld Emerald, (and a fourth if flying F).
    Only criticism of the B gate lounge is it could probably do with a slight refresh, though that’s being a little picky.

1 user thanked author for this post.

CheerUp
    Participant

B Lounge 100% if from B or C gates.

Or I find Galleries North to be a lot quieter in the A Gates, as opposed to main lounge and a better view.

CheerUp
    Participant

{Only criticism of the B gate lounge is it could probably do with a slight refresh, though that’s being a little picky.}

I believe it is being renovated soon.

JRoker
    Participant

Great tip. From this website https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LHR , it loks like my options are either:

British Airways Galleries South First and Galleries Club Lounge (Open)

or

British Airways Galleries T5B Club Lounge (Open)

I’ll aim for the T5B Club Lounge then since my flight goes to Vegas so it’s long-haul and therefore probably B or C gates for me.

CheerUp
    Participant

From my experience, unless your flight is departing B or C gates, in which I’d take the T5B lounge, I prefer Galleries North, usually much quieter than Galleries South.

Cwyfan
    Participant

Does anybody know if there is a profile of which destinations normally go from B & C, or is it just safe to assume long distance. I am particularly interested in North America.

Thanking you in anticipation

cwoodward
    Participant

This piece from yesterdays Australian Executive Traveller tells you all that you need to know

https://www.executivetraveller.com/reviews-best-oneworld-lounges-at-london-heathrow-t3

But in short its both the Cathay lounges. The very highly regarded 1st class lounge and the excellent business class lounge. The Qantas lounge is not bad ether………

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Cwyfan – it is generally the wide body aircraft flying long haul routes that depart from B & C.
    Very occasionally there will be an A gate (A10?) where you are taken by bus to a long haul flight. I’ve only had this happen once.
    All the flights I’ve taken to the US have been from B & C gates.
    I’ve not noticed any pattern to certain routes being from B versus others from C. They are both essentially the same, except there is a BA lounge in the B gate area.

(Other OneWorld lounges are in T3, which is not accessible post security from T5. In T5 it is just the five BA lounges).

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

Depending on when you are travelling, it may be that BA are switching Las Vegas flights from Terminal 5 to Terminal 3.

barnacles
    Participant

I spent time in both T5 BA Club lounges at the weekend (early Sunday morning). My vote goes to the South one. Reasons: larger, thus spacious – certainly compared to the North one, great view of end of runway etc, adequate choice of food, sausages especially flavoursome, different areas with range of seating. Criticisms; tortuous route to get there, even from Security South, tinned fruit mixed with fresh, not enough staff cleaning up after other guests had left, odd-looking scrambled egg.

TonyR
    Participant

North every time in a choice between North and South. Smaller but with views out and quieter. South I find dark and gloomy, large and impersonal.. Neither though is that impressive when compared with e.g. Virgin’s business class lounge in T3. Even the BA First struggles compared to that but much much better than North or South.

lostantipod
    Participant

@cwoodward they are all great lounges, except they are not in T5, per the OP.

BPP
    Participant

Having used South lounge now 3 times recently mid morning, I could still use a guide dog to get there. As said the route is tortuous and the sign posting terrible but I do suspect this is deliberate to route you via the retail outlets. South Lounge is quite tatty, desperately needing a full refurb. Will try North next time (early Sept) for a change!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls