Which countries prohibit Indonesia?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• sandilime
    Participant

Currently, in Indonesia, there are still many people who have contracted covid-19. Does this affect other countries to accept tourists from Indonesia?

Regards,

sandi.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Would be more interested as to when I (UK citizen) can revisit this marvellous country

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Re the situation there.

Krsnp
    Participant

There are a handful of countries that allow travellers coming from Indonesia, provided they are able to show a negative PCR test result and (perhaps more of an issue for Indonesians) are in possession of a valid visa (or can obtain one on arrival).

I also tend to agree that the COVID-19 situation there is “uncontrollable”. This doesn’t necessarily mean that people are dying in droves, but a lot of people are flouting the rules and the authorities are often reluctant to take strict actions. A total lockdown has perhaps been deemed detrimental to the economy and impossible anyway (a significant amount of Indonesians don’t have proper shelter and/or live in a very crowded place, often sharing living space with non-relatives). And the government does not encourage testing unless you have developed symptoms (or willing to pay off your own pocket, of course).

That said, if you do observe all the precautionary measures, you will have little to worry about. There are handwashing stations outside of many malls, temperatures are checked, motion sensors are getting common (on lifts, parking machine, etc.) and so on. Also, despite the comparatively high positivity rate, mortality rate has gone down from 8+% several months ago to just 2.9% today.

BTW, my hometown is considered a Red Zone, and despite going out at least 3x a week in the past month, I am fine (got tested a three days ago) 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls