Where is the rudest and most dishonest security?

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

RichHI1
    Participant

Having had my cigar cutter stolen by security at CDG (“No I will not give you my name, this is France…”) despite arguing in French I gave up at the desie of CDG security to steal possesions they like the look of.
    I thought I would start a thread where is the rudest and most dishonest security? I have seen incompetence in many countries, I have seen delays and slowness but for me France currently holds they key for insolence, rudeness and making the rules up as you go. I am sure though there are many stories out there that will be far worse. SO who sucks the most at Airport Security? WHo is the rudest most unpleasant barrier to travel out there?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

For me Rich it’s JFK. Had some lighters, two cigar cutters and my Faber Castell pencil nicked by the thieving arrogant Ba….ds known as security.

Alex took the mantle up for me on one occasion and the eventual reply was “we don’t comment on security”!

Funnily enough no-one has ever said anything about my Cubans which I always take with me to the US!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Bombay. Going through there with some miniatures, all under 100ml, in the requisite ziplock bag, I was told that as they totalled more than 100ml together they had to be confiscated. I argued in vain, but of course I knew what they really wanted… so I pointedly opened them and poured the contents into the bin before throwing the bottles away. It didn’t make any difference to me, of course, but they did look a bit crestfallen…

RichHI1
    Participant

Just done T3 security fast track. Not that quick but courteous and efficient. No doubt not compiant with EU directives. Their focus was on protecting passenger security, not stealing things they like. I am not a xenophobe but it will be another 10 years at least before I will go anywhere near CDG.( Pity as posted Air France has improved significantly.

Cheeryguy
    Participant

Not quite on thread however, I passed through T5 fast track on Wednesday. Staff were helpful and in good humour. The self styled frequent travellers were not. I watched as one by one they got to the front of the line and appeared shocked and surprised when asked to remove belts shoes etc and place their laptops in the boxes provided. Not one had bothered to prepare for this whilst waiting inline huffing and puffing gold and silver bag tags jangling. Fast track would be so much more so if those using it had a little more foresight.

Pierre
    Participant

Many airports could compete in this game,
    To me the winner is Tel Aviv Ben Gourion. By far the rudest approach.
    If on top of that you visited some Arabic countries it quickly turns bitter. Without any reason.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

T3, T5 @ LHR + LCY everywhere else, where I have intrusive body searches in the groin area, by a male.

BAA security staff more interested on talking on mobiles, chewing gum and generally seeing pax as an inconvenience and any comments are seen as argumentative.

BEST – BKK Fast track when unusually I was searched by a lovely female and kept coins + phone in my pocket on purpose (at least I hope she was a female!!). At least Thai’s generally have a lovely smile which does have a calming influence.

VintageKrug
    Participant

At TLV, best to pay for their welcome service; smooths through any problems and makes the whole experience tolerable.

Deleted_User
    Participant

IMHO Vancouver, followed closely by TLV.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls