What’s with security checks on arrival at Changi from Bangkok?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

JamesMoloney5
    Participant

I have tried, without success and with great frustration, to get an explanation from Changi airport staff as to the reason for a full security check for all flights arriving at Changi from Bangkok.

Security and airport information staff say it is purely random, which is rubbish, as I have only ever been checked in this manner coming from Bangkok (and on every flight without exception) and have never seen this additional security screening check being operated for any other flight. It happens regardless of the airline I fly with, either Thai or Singapore.

It is a real pain as most people are totally unprepared for it, unlike when you are screened when boarding, so the delays are considerably longer than the average time taken to screen on departure.

Could Business Traveller try to get an answer to this query as nobody seems to want to tell me? Is it because Singapore does not consider security screening at Bangkok to be adequate? If this is the case then why are flights from Jakarta, Manila etc. not subjected to this additional screening?

businessworld
    Participant

All flights from Jakarta are also subject to this. A good thing too.

JamesMoloney5
    Participant

Hi, I have flown into Changi from Jakarta on SQ several times in the last six months (maybe 8-10 times) and I have never once had to go through the additional screening…..what airlines have you been flying on?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls