What does BA loyalty cost?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

Cwyfan
    Participant

Just trying to book a long weekend for two in Madrid for November. On the BA site, for exactly the same flights, I was quoted:

Cash £ 904.40
    Airmiles £ 142.46 plus 30,000 miles
    Upgrade with miles, both ways £ 992.40 plus 30,000 miles

What on earth is going on with their system? What is their logic?

Binman62
    Participant

As I have just found it is not just flights. Avisba with who I have a 13 days booking coming up have just advised me that to extend a booking that has been in place since July by 2 days will take the price from £377 to £1130…..insane……in fairness even the agent was deeply embarrassed.

Bye Bye Avis hello £450 all in with Car hire 3000.

continentalclub
    Participant

It’s exactly the same with many airlines; you can only upgrade the most flexible economy fares with miles.

So, what you’re likely to be seeing is a quote for restricted Club Europe tickets in your cash-only figure, but flexible EuroTraveller tickets upgraded with miles in your Miles For Upgrade fare.

That’s also why, longhaul, very few members of Flying Blue, BA Exec Club etc., etc., ever use miles to upgrade from Economy/Voyageur/World Traveller, as the upgradeable fares in those cabins are often more expensive than the cash-only fares in the next available cabins.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls