What are Ryanair trying to do ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

JeffD
    Participant

I am constanlty amased when I read about Ryanair. Firstly they are thinking offering standing seats on flights.OK standing room and paying to go to the toilet is one thing. But I cannot accept “smokelss” cigarettes for passengers, please tell me this is joke. I can not believe Ryanair could be so irresponsible. What is this action saying to children, its OK to smoke and break the law ! I thought it was against European law to smoke in an enclosed public area. Yet another reason to aviod Ryanair.

Airpocket
    Participant

And it won’t be the last in a long list of reasons to avoid Ryanair!

starflyer
    Participant

First off there is no European law regulating smoking in enclosed places as it is not within the mandate of the EC to regulate this. This is the prerogative of European nation states. Secondly Ryanair is offering so called “electronic” smoke less cigarettes which are a version of nicotine inhalers. There are just as healthy as five gin and tonics in C class on legacy carries.

Airpocket
    Participant

Five G&Ts?Healthy?Hardly!

NTarrant
    Participant

Offering “cigarettes” by any name is just irresponsible in these times. If O’Leary really wanted to offer some relief to passengers who wanted a fag in flight surely it would have been better to offer “a range of nictoine replacement”.

Chewing gum, lozengers and even patches could be sold on board, at a sky high fee! Something which other airlinescould offer. A lot less contraversal

sdbinndl
    Participant

You pay for what you get.
    Anyone foolish enough to pay for either ‘standing room only’ or, ‘pay to pee’ deserves to be sitting in an aircraft with plastic fake fags being handed out.
    I am all for being frugal and watching/cutting costs but, there comes a point where they are taking the proverbial **** out of us.
    I will pay the extra to travel in an aircraft I can sit in and go to the toilet in. Anything else would make me wonder about the safety and security this person has in running an airline.
    Anyone saying that is is so it saves costs – needs their heads examined !
    Anyone who says they like the fact it saves money – should not be traveling if that hard up.
    Get grip people and get real and take some accountability for your own lives. Catering to people who have a hard time quitting smoking – well boo hoo for them. I was a 40 a day and stopped dead. If I can do it so can anyone else and no excuse in the world is acceptable.

NTarrant
    Participant

I agree 100% with what you say sdbinndl, I smoked 20 plus a day for 27 years and gave up no problem. What perhaps I should have added to my previous post is that you have to look at the type of passengers that Ryanair carries.

They have probably had a number of idiots lighting up in the toilets, usually to these people booze, fags and Big Brother are their lives, I am not being snobby, its life and they can’t see what the problem is with lighting up. Perhaps it is Ryanair’s funny way of trying to stop it!

Airpocket
    Participant

As lighting up in the loos is a criminal offence, I would like to think that these idiots are arrested.
    Anyway, I’m sure the various air-safety authorities would put a stop to any of Ryanair’s implausible future ideas if they are safety hazards.

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

But they wouldn´t be lighting up, that is the whole point of them, that is why they are smokeless! I cannot see why there is so much fuss about this. If someone was using one of these in the row behind you, there would be no smell of smoke so you wouldn´t even know they were using one!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls