Well done Etihad (and Aer Lingus)

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• SwissExPat
    Participant

Hope you and Mrs JH enjoy !!

On foot of seeing your post, I had a look at the Residence (I did not know about it before) And it looks stunning !

I did a sample booking for LHR SYD next Feb return for 2 PAX in the Residence and it came in at stgĀ£ 42,000

On the same flights, the total for 2 PAX in what is called “First Suite” was “only” stgĀ£12,500

Is it the case that with “First Suit” only you get 1 cabin/Pod for the 2 PAX and if you wan the separate bedroom and shower/WC you need to book the residence?

I agree, there are some things you need to do at least once and The Residence looks fab!

MrMichael
    Participant

JohnHarper, look forward to a full review from you on the Residence, not because I am ever likely to be in a position to book it, but so I can go a very bright green with envy as I read it. Good luck and I hope you and Mrs JH have a wonderful experience.

JohnHarper
    Participant

I have to say Mrs JH and I paid about half the amount SwissExPat is quoting but then we are only using the residence on the return journey, we thought if we used it on the way out we might be tempted to book it on the return too if it was available!

I’m not sure what to expect. On the SYD-AUH leg I almost expect to get on, have a shower (will the butler offer to scrub my back??) and go to bed. On waking have another shower, eat and then pass the time reading. The AUH-LHR leg is almost too short to enjoy it properly.

first_class_please
    Participant

When is the A380 scheduled for Sydney? I had looked on their website and so no dates / schedule yet.

nmh1204
    Participant

SwissExPat, the Residence is for a max of 2 people, the First Apartment is only for 1 person, so you need two apartments for 2 people

The Residence can also be booked with points, think its somewhere around 1,000,000 needed

JohnHarper
    Participant

The Residence is easily bookable on the EY website from early January, I don’t know about earlier. Obviously there is only one of them so when it’s gone it’s gone. We have two first apartments for the outbound leg.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

According to a Bloomberg report, EY says the Residence is now fully booked for the first ten A380 flights.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-11-11/etihad-s-20-000-residence-section-on-a380-is-booked-up.html

first_class_please
    Participant

John, I see the Residence fare offered, but only see the A380 on the London – Abu Dhabi leg.

Abu Dhabi – Sydney appears to be 777 or A340.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls