Week-end in RUH

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

• Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

Well, I should rather write week-end outside of RUH! Spending two weeks there. So my natural choice for the week-end would be BEY. But given the situation, I’ve got some sort of veto from Ms. SD… DXB could be an option, but looking for something more fun or new. While scuba diving in JED could be more fun, it remains … dry. So do you guys have any good suggestion?
    Thanks

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Bahrain.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Sure, though of that. It is the right option when in Khobar. But from RUH, given the fact there is a flight anyway, there must be a nicer place 🙂

Aqaba or the Dead Sea?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Cairo 😉

It will certainly be exciting!

Swissdiver
    Participant

@LP 🙂 Not sure Ms. SD would be reassured…

@Alexpo: Aqaba: great idea since I’ve been there for too long now. But practically difficult (either two flights or one flight and three hours drive).

That’s true Swissdiver, although the Dead Sea is only a short drive from Amman Airport as I’m sure you know.

I have heard Oman is fabulous.

first_class_please
    Participant

Doha is a nice place to go, or Muscat.

Swissdiver
    Participant

MCT is actually an option, with convenient direct flights. And, yes, Oman in beautiful.

ADD? Never been to Ethiopia. Heard it is beautiful. Any experience there?

I was in Addis in June for the first time SD and I loved it. Let me know if you need a hotel recommendation.

pdtraveller
    Participant

Asir Province..Khamis Mushayt…still dry and still SA but at 6000 feet a far nicer climate and there is some interesting tourist type attractions.

Swissdiver
    Participant

@Alexpo: Did you go there on business or for leisure, if I may ask. Would you go for a short week-end (flights would bring me in at 7am and out and at 7pm on the following day). Did you fly Ethiopian?

@PDT: last time I checked, it looked complicated to go there (long road trip). Did I miss something?

Hi Swissdiver

I went for leisure from FRA as I had some M&Ms left over but I returned with EK. Perfectly feasible for a weekend, even from EU if you are a bit mad like me LOL

Btw, I would return to Ethiopia tomorrow but maybe for a longer stay!!!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Addis is a great city, though I was there many years ago so don’t know what it’s like now, though Alexpo’s reco seems reassuring.

If you’re looking that far there is also Cyprus which is probably closer. Otherwise I would also recommend Muscat, though can’t remember if it’s dry or not.

Wherever you go, enjoy it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls