Warm and happy glow …

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

Binman62
    Participant

A thread by this name is doing very well on another site so why don’t we join in.

For me my posting could so easily have been a rant. However i am sitting in CCR board room, my two kids on the PCs playing happily and I am on my second glass of Grand Siecle. The wife is in the spa before retiring to the cabana to rest before her arduous journey in New First.

Why a rant?, Well on passing through a near empty T5 I encountered the jobs worth security staff who gave me the most instrusive and extensive going over I have ever had. Despite, or perhaps because I was with my wife and kids, they searched me and my bags in a manner that makes the TSA look reasonable and professional. I remained tight lipped throughout the 10 mins of checking my hand baggage whilst the queues formed and another gentleman began to get decidely irritated.

But I am on holiday I have used Avios and the champers is cold. I refuse to allow anyone to spoil this.

To complete the evening l have also just invited 4 complete strangers into the lounge and they are now enjoying dinner before their M class flight to DXB. Nice family who I never met and it was a simple act of random kindness.

I indeed have a warm and happy glow and not just because of the Grand Siecle.

Enjoy the summer

watersz
    Participant

funny how somthing negative can have the potentiel to ruin an otherwise great day

when it happens i just say to my self “let it go”

and turn back in to mild mannered clark kent

PatJordan
    Participant

What a nice gesture, Binman. Hope you and the family enjoy the hols!

VintageKrug
    Participant

A lovely Random Act of Kindness; it’s something we should all do more of.

I’ve had a splendid day at the Olympics supporting Team GB romping home to victory, the rain was shortlived and light and mostly sunny during the match.

Closed a nice deal on my Blackberry between the matches, so work and play all sorted, and looking forward to some more spectating later this week, in between enjoying making the most of London during this very special summer.

So many smiling happy faces, and a real sense of global community.

As ever, best to focus on the positive and ignore life’s little inconveniences; really not worth bothering with.

Have a smashing hols on your oh-so-easy-to-redeem for your whole family during the peak summer holiday period in F Avios 😉

,,,and I still have my main hols to look forward too, as well 🙂

openfly
    Participant

Since when was it permissible to take M class pax as guests into the Concorde Room?!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Life is good Binman et al

My warm glow started on 13th July and I still need to decide exactly when it will end.

I have endured several body searches since the 13th and the best way to deal with them is simply to smile and giggle, hands are soon removed!!!

I am indeed fortunate, aged 50 (for another week at least) and able to take a 7 week holiday.

I may just start to forget my diet and reach for a chilled bottle of bubbly.

Yes Binman, I have a VERY warm and happy glow…..

PS. Openfly, who cares………………….:-)

PatJordan
    Participant

Smile and giggle…..hands are soon removed……

Martyn, you have such a mischievous side !!

Go on, have the bubbly and enjoy it.

Macattack
    Participant

Openfly; correct. Sinclair, what nonsense. Next Y in F using the toilets.

Binman, shame on you. All your years of quite noteworthy postings have been wasted by two glasses of a vg, but not gt champagne. And, Binman, in the days of Concorde, with the embarkation through the lounge in T4, such nonsense would not have been tolerated. The demise of BA will be quickened by your thoughtless action.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Sounds as though Macattack is missing out on the warm and happy glow today…

Binman62, I once did the same as you when a flight was badly delayed somewhere in the US late at night. A single mother with a boy was trying to get the ground staff to help her out (and not getting anywhere) so I simply invited them both into the lounge to wait.

Come to think of it, I did the same in Frankfurt earlier this year after my neighbour on the plane burst into tears – she had just heard she was being sued as she stepped onto the plane. She was connecting to Vietnam, and spent the layover in a very nice lounge and looked a lot more cheerful. Just don’t tell BA – with Anytime Access gone, I can’t help thinking that the next step will be having to prove that you knew your guests before you arrived at the airport!!

Senator
    Participant

Binman62, a kind and considerate gesture no doubt. One that the recipients will cherish and appreciate for a long time I am certain. Perhaps even realise that they would aspire to enable this in the future, and hence, create future business for BA. There is a reason for “random upgrades” in my view.

My view is simple; there is a policy of one guest per person. The policy states they must travel with BA, and they were. My only caveat would be to ensure my guests behave properly in this environment. Otherwise, I would ask them to leave.

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s nice to be able to offer this if it’s in your gift to do so.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls