Walliams/Lucas: Come Fly With Me

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

Might be of interest, I think it will take a few more episodes to deliver its full potential:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00x0zt9/Come_Fly_With_Me_Episode_1/

Seems to have been filmed at Stansted. Which is in Essex, apparently.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

So it appears, VK. I sat through the bloody Public Local Inquiry in the early 80s. It was there last time I looked. And should bloody stay there as far as I’m concerned.

I thought it was very poor (Come Fly With Me, not Stansted. But that is too), especially compared to “The High Life”, which was much funnier and, in many ways, forecast the low-cost airlines of today. Many predictable sketches. Although I think the German/Austrian/Swiss woman in the one sketch was actually my Aunt Hilde from Handewitt in Schleswig-Holstein.

Have a great New Year.

Simon

VintageKrug
    Participant

I thought I noticed a slight resemblance, particularly the hair. 😉

The High Life is available to view on YouTube, and I agree a much more amusing package:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnReqwF9YAI

SimonRowberry
    Participant

No VK, my hair is much more civilised than either the Teutonic Lady’s or my Aunt Hilde’s. You’ve obviously been peeking at my website; can we peek at yours, please? 😉

Thanks for the High Life link – it’s so sad they only did one short series.

Have an excellent 2011, VK, and keep posting. Most of us appreciate it!

Simon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls