Volos Airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

I thought I’d post on a little airport on mainland Greece that is open May-October. Volos Airport (VOL) serves 12 flights a week (closed Sun-Mon). 2 of these are EZY flights from LGW. Cracking little airport – I guess one of the most sparsely used airports in Europe.

Access to Magnesia and the Pelion peninsula (absolutely stunning – where Greeks go on holiday) and great if you like mountains and beaches together. If you do fly worth investing in seats at the front of the plane as only 1 on passport control but pretty efficient – we were through quickly and as only plane on the parking lot the bags arrived in seconds.

No airport lounges (pretty tiny airport) – a little place airside to get refreshments, duty free and toilets and again 1 passport control booth for departures back to UK.

Airport also home to several F-16’s as operates as an air base.

Be curious to know if any other readers have used – or have other know of other little airports in Europe that have 1-2 flights a day (or 6 on a Saturday – the day we flew back – busy day!). Some pictures of the region on my LI page (can’t get to attach on here). Plaka beach a 15 minute walk from our Airbnb rivals any Thai beach.

http://www.thessalyairport.gr/index.php?option=com_sppagebuilder&view=page&id=66&Itemid=244&lang=en

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls