Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• stevescoots
    Participant

Vietnams new on-line Visa application beware if you make a mistake!

I have done several of these without a problem for my HK staff in the past (using a Vn bank card makes payments easier) but the most recent one had an error, the date of birth wrong by 2 days, maybe my mistake who knows. Several attempts to contact them to have it changed went un answered and as flight time arriving fast had to use an “agent” and pay $100 to get an emergency visa on arrival. Ok my problem solved. However at the airport there was several arrivals having big problems, having lined up for 45 mins they were being refused entry as DOB were incorrect. They naturally were US citizens who had written DOB the US way M-D-Y but VN way is UK style D-M-Y. how this got past the application and the airline checks who knows but my staff and I helped out a young woman whose husband had gone thru and was distraught being told she would have to be returned to TPE by immigration. After little chat with them and her we found a “workaround” via an “agent” if you catch my drift. i did notice CX staff back and forth with immigration as well and seeing the 6 or 7 stranded bags an hour after landing i guess others on my flight had the same issue.

So be warned , for us FF we are used to these things but make sure its correct as getting a correction it seems is almost impossible. I even applied a whole new E-visa after spotting the mistake and whilst being charged it was rejected as there was already one in the system

9 users thanked author for this post.

BPP
    Participant

This is a very valid post and not just for Vietnam methinks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls