Vistara Airlines

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• rodders
    Participant

Just wondered if anyone had used them for domestic Indian flights, and if so any feedback? I have a flight next month on them from Bangalore to Delhi. The combination of Tata and SQ bodes well. Thanks

Woodpecker
    Participant

Flew with them last month CCU-DEL as a connecting flight to DEL-HKG.

Good service both on ground as well as inflight, was fortunate to be upgraded from Premium Economy to Business. For a two hour flight they went the distance with a full meal, as well as pre & post non alcoholic drinks. Crew were professional and switched on.

Only downside was that I didn’t get credited any mileage to my Krisflyer SQ account. On enquiry, they sent an email that my ticket was ineligible.

They have their own dedicated lounge at DEL airport.

InfrequentFlyer
    Participant

Without doubt the best Indian carrier. Flew them for about 4th time last week, flight full but departed early, spotless new aircraft, fantastic crew and ground staff. Not a bad word to say. Defo worth a few extra quid for Prem or Biz.

ASK1945
    Participant

My wife and I did two Vistara flights two years ago: Mumbai – New Delhi, and New Delhi – Hyderabad.

Efficient check-ins, clean modern planes (787 for one flight), meals and landings on time. Absolutely no complaints!

Inquisitive
    Participant

I used Vistara several times mainly Del-Ixb. This is best full service airline now in India.
    They manage to serve a reasonably good lunch in a 1 and 1/2 hour flight. No alcoholic drink though.
    As another poster indicated, there is a lounge at Delhi very near the gates and that serve good snacks, hot food and variety drinks including alcoholic drinks.

rodders
    Participant

thanks for the feedback, looking forward to trying them out.

MarkivJ
    Participant

Amazing airline. I hate to jinx it by saying it – but they’re the new Kingfisher Airlines. Strong rumours that they’ll soon be starting international service to Singapore.

WearyWeagie
    Participant

I’ve used them plenty of times to hop between Delhi and Mumbai. I personally wouldnt use any other domestic airline in India over them. Clean, efficient, good service and not too expensive. For my money, they are the best domestic airline option I have flown with.
    I also managed to get my BA gold status matched by them using their online form so got lounge access and fast track boarding.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls