Virtual meeting technology student survey

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• travelworld2
    Participant

It’s an interesting conundrum. I’m a lawyer- a partner in an international law firm with a number of UK offices.

Whether we attend a meeting in person on client business is always a matter for the client. It’s fair to say that they almost always prefer a meeting in person (although they tend to come to us) As far as our internal meetings are concerned, we are having a campaign at the moment to reduce our travel spend. It is undoubtedly the case that, until now, there has been a culture of leaping on a train/plane to attend a meeting in another UK office. The loss of productivity as a result is obvious. Whilst it’s possible to work on the train/plane, it’s never a substitute for being at your desk (or indeed anywhere with a secure,fast IT connection). We do at least try to ensure that people plan travel so you have a full day in the other office, travelling before or after office hours.

But the reality in my mind is that at least 50% of meetings can be run equally effectively by videoconference. It may well be more. And, to pick up on Charles P’s point, a proportion of meetings aren’t necessary at all….

Swissdiver
    Participant

The aim of my project is to Investigate the relationship between ‘virtual meeting’ technology usage and business travel demand in the UK.

I guess this excludes me…

TonyKelly13
    Participant

Thank you to all who have participated in the survey so far, It is very interesting to get your views and hear your opinions on the subject.

‘Swissdiver’ – If your business is based outside the UK but you still regularly travel to and from the UK on work related trips then feel free to still complete the survey. Alternatively it would still be interesting and valuable to my research to hear your views on the subject via this thread.

TonyKelly13
    Participant

The survey will be closing tomorrow (27th Feb), so anyone wishing to complete the survey can still do so and any further responses would be great.

Thank you to everyone who has completed the survey, your participation and time is greatly appreciated. Over the next few weeks I shall be analysing the data and compiling my results, once I have done this I will post the findings of my survey on this thread and will be more than happy to answer any questions about my research.

Thanks Again

Tony

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls