Virgin Atlantic to postpone Sao Paulo route

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• sparkyflier
    Participant

What the Virgin announcement said was “really a load of old tosh” and others have expressed their views on their statement well. If they had said postponed to Winter 24-25 I would have understood, as I believe that is the commercially wiser time to start this route. But 2025 is kicking it into the long grass.

RF2 you are right about connections – to a certain extent. The GRU flight on BA goes from – Terminal 3 and not 5, and so does not have the vast network to easily connect from at their main terminal. Which tells me BA thinks it is more of a O&D route. However of course some connectivity does help I am sure.

Nick Pike
    Participant

One way of easing the upping of Virgin’s feeder traffic would be to move Virgin and Delta to T4 (where AF and KLM reside) and Qatar and Malaysia to T3 with other Oneworld carriers….

When SAS move to Skyteam, move them to T4 as well 😊

2 users thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Not easy to get major airlines to switch Heathrow terminals.

Remember how AF/KL were unhappy at having to move from T3 to T4 ?

When we contacted the above airlines for comment both did not respond for obvious reasons.

Air France and KLM to switch back from Heathrow T3 to T4

1 user thanked author for this post.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Alex – re the move of AFKL to T4 I suspect there were behind the scenes “encouragement” from BA for that to happen. Just my opinion. But remember around that time BA was very unhappy with the Heathrow owners and was threatening to move many flights to LGW. Not heard much about that lately…

MarkivJ
    Participant

Even in my dreams, there could be the slightest chance that Malaysia moving to T3 but I can never never see QR leaving T4 (unless there’s a strong reason to, like the pandemic). QR has made T4 their fifedom and they wouldn’t want to share it with other oneworld’ers.

Rferguson2
    Participant

Well I guess we now know where the aircraft slated for this route is going. In BT news today, an increase in flying to Boston and NYC.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls