Virgin Atlantic to become a dominant U.K. domestic carrier?!

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• openfly
    Participant

BBC Radio 4 have just announced that the proposed deal of VS taking over the FlyBe operation is to go ahead, but, interestingly, to include Stobart Air. Big changes to come??

openfly
    Participant

…..according to BBC South, the airline is to be named Fly-V .

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Virgin has not been successful in the past running shorthaul services so I am surprised that they would want to brand this Virgin Atlantic especially when none of these planes cross the atlantic.

The new owners are large enough to invest in Flybe but its proposition is essentially UK regional short haul and the branding really should reflect that as opportunities for interlining are basically based around Manchester rather than London.

I wouldn’t be surprised if in 5 years time assuming the airline has made a turnaround to see Stobart buy the whole thing out.

capetonianm
    Participant

Isn’t this a re-run of Virgin’s short-lived ‘Little Red’ attempt at domestic services?

TominScotland
    Participant

Given the Stobart involvement in this takeover and the intention to rebrand as Virgin, does this raise questions about Stobart’s current arrangements with Aer Lingus with regard to EI Regional? I am not sure that IAG will want even an indirect link with Virgin….

AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=913803]Given the Stobart involvement in this takeover and the intention to rebrand as Virgin, does this raise questions about Stobart’s current arrangements with Aer Lingus with regard to EI Regional? I am not sure that IAG will want even an indirect link with Virgin….[/quote]

And also with BA at LCY.

Stobart Air to operate British Airways services at London City

Another concern must be the future of some Flybe regional routes and those routes linking the regions with holiday destinations in mainland Europe.

Will all of these survive ?

canucklad
    Participant

If this takeover goes ahead, I’d love to see Virgin takeover FlyBe’s shambolic FF programme……If you could actually call it a programme !!

If the Virgin management team screwed the nut, they could create a fantastic loyalty programme , and done correctly could potentially rival BA’s impressive powerhouse, that have so many of us on here addicted too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls