Virgin Atlantic – Miserable Delayed Baggage Policy

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

Shivers
    Participant

I think Virgin Atlantic are the stingiest airline around at the moment. My bags were delayed by 48 hours when I travelled from LHR to DXB from Terminal 3 during August. The day I flew out, there was a huge computer system crash at LHR and my bags as well as everyone elses on the plane were not loaded onto the plane prior to departure. Needless to say, the plane arrived in Dubai earlier because of the lighter load!

Following VA’s delayed baggage policy, I filed a claim for £50 worth of expenses whilst my bags were being delivered to Dubai. I provided receipts and a covering letter. Later, I received a letter from VA which refused to honour my claim stating:
    “We regret to advise you that claims of this nature must be reported to the airline within twenty one days of the date you took delivery of your baggage. Unfortunately, this requirement hasn’t been met and I’m sorry that we can’t compensate you for your losses”.

Needless to say, I am appalled by this. I only retuned to London 14 days after I was reunited with my bags and spent the next week after that slogging it out at work to catch up after my trip. I am going to be taking this up with BBC’s Watchdog, the CAA and other Airline regulatory bodies. This type of arbitrary policy from VA is quite sickening from an airline that prides itself on customer satisfaction.

JohnCornell
    Participant

Even when the policy is strictly adhered to the experience is miserable. It took no fewer than four months of continuous faxes, emails, and phone calls to recover the £100 due to one of my passengers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls