Virgin Atlantic – glitch on Flying Club “earnings calculator”?

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• sparkyflier
    Participant

As mentioned on other posts, now that VS has joined Skyteam I am more likely to choose them for flights.

I was doing some research on a possible booking, and did a search for LHR-IAD to see how many points I would get – to find flying “Economy Delight” gets you more points than their premium economy product “Premium”.

The search told me that if I booked Premium “You’ll earn up to 11769 Virgin Points”, however if I chose to be in the cabin further back I would earn “up to 17654 Virgin Points.

Is this a glitch? Anyone else had issues?

To be honest this does not fill me with confidence that the scheme is organized, transparent and therefore not very accountable by VS.

The words “up to” always fill me with caution and this is not as very easy to use, clear and transparent as the BAEC flight calculator.

I look forward to hearing if anyone can shed some light on this oddity and of your experiences with VS Flying Club, their earnings calculator and how accountable they are.

I know that whether a ticket is flexible or not can be a factor but still in this case an economy ticket it seems can earn you far more points than a premium economy ticket.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls