Views on Google+

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

• Anonymous

Hi – what are readers’ initial views on Google+?

Have you been invited to use it?

Do you think it will be the new Facebook / Twitter?

Is it another doomed version of Google Buzz?

What do you think of the option to add people into Circles?

Have you +1’d any Google search links yet?

Do you care?

AlanReynolds1
    Participant

Doubt we NEED yet another system. Already several out there. Keeping my presence upto date on each can be a pain ; automatic cross-posting is not the perfect solution

We have to admit we’re not entirely sure ourselves, but we’ve created an account to give it a go, and will post our thoughts on this forum.

http://plus.google.com/112908477324657594326/posts

stevescoots
    Participant

yep, i am on it. from what I see so far I will be closing off my FB after the Beta is finished and moving to this. I have many contacts on FB that are both work and personal, however FB’s seperation tech is terrible and trying to keep the 2 apart is nigh on impossible unless you close off everybody from posting anything at anytime. The final straw for me was this latest pic tagging where i was auto tagged 5 times….except it wasnt me!

Just to say we have now also added the +1 share option to the bottom of our editorial pages.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Never seen the point in these sites. I prefer the phone to keep in touch but I do have a twitter account which I quite like, and am envious of all these people that have hundreds, if not thousands of followers while I have the grand total of 7, and two of those are my eldest kids!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Meant to add, had a quick look at the BT page, but it seems rather similar to Facebook (Mrs. LP is an addict of that one) so I don’t really see the point. In fact I don’t really see the point of FB either.

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

Swissdiver
    Participant

Have received many invitation to G+ but didn’t give a try … so far. Time is my concern. I am on LinkedIn (professional) and Facebook (strictly personal), as well as Twitter and don’t see the point to invest more time in G+. For once, I’ll be a lagger 🙂

Five months on, any more thoughts from readers on this?

Have you set up Google + accounts?

Do you follow any travel-related profiles?

Have you used the +1 facility on our editorial pages?

Swissdiver
    Participant

No change here. Still not there and no plan to be there…

RichHI1
    Participant

In seasonal vein… Bah humbug.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I never even bothered to try it. Email and Twitter are more than enough for me.

samanthah
    Participant

Me neither. I only have an account for business purposes but barely check it because there is very little activity on the thing! I think google will really need to up their game if they plan on seeing them as social network competitors!

Meanwhile on Google+

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls