'Vaping' pilot caused Air China plane to plunge 6,500m

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• capetonianm
    Participant

It didn’t ‘plunge’, that implies it was uncontrolled.

It was a controlled descent, admittedly an emergency descent and one which should not have occurred.

stevescoots
    Participant

Having been on a China eastern flight before in effect stalled on decent due to IMHO pilot error, life flashing before moment etc this does not surprise me. However I agree with capetonian, its hardly a plunge and vaping or not errors happen, I was on a BA 747 flight about 10 years ago from HKG and all the masks dropped and we started to decend fast. Captain came on after a minute or so and clearly said sorry it was crew error. a passenger needed oxygen and someone pressed the wrong button. There was actually a flight engineer on board and he came round putting all the masks back in place to much mickey taking. I was surprised how many passengers just started blankly at the mask rather than put it on though

openfly
    Participant

The pax staring blankly at the oxygen masks after they dropped must have been the pax who were too busy reading their importantant newspapers and magazines during the safety briefing!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls