useless hotel amenities

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

fasttracker
    Participant

Does anyone ever use the shoe polish? The shower cap? The hot chocolate sachet that requires fresh hot milk? Does anyone use the little tiny face towels and the crap combs? I would rather there were more coat hangers and a decent dental pack.

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Who ever uses the CD player? How many people travel with a selection of CD’s in the hope of finding one in the room?

flyingbunny
    Participant

who has a trouser press at home? Surely an ironing board and iron would be better for everyone?

Sara Turner

And why are the slippers always enormous? Fine for the gents, but most ladies don’t have size 10 feet

GeorgeG
    Participant

Pillow menus upset me. Pillows in top-end hotels are usually fantastic anyway and at home we manage with a normal pillow, so why do we suddenly need a certain type? I can understand feather allergies but who needs the rest of them? And bidets. Come on.

Chopper
    Participant

I have used the shoe polish in an emergency, which is what it is there for, I imagine. I often thought the same about sewing kits – but it would be very useful to be able to sew a trouser hem etc if you had to do so last minute. (this is assuming one can sew…) I think all these extra amenities are there just in case. It’s a comfort to know that someone is looking out for you … they do no harm.

judynagy
    Participant

This is too funny! I’ve used nearly every thing mentioned, except a trouser press. As a liberated woman, I don’t think we know what that is! Most USA hotels now have ironing boards. As for the CDs – I always bring a few for the rental car, to play on my laptop on the plane … but best of all I wear a size 10 shoe so the slippers are great!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls