USA verses UK Lufthansa reservations

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

ChesterSimons
    Participant

My star alliance mileage is through Lufthansa. Last week I tried to book a UK-Asia trip using Thai. I get through to the Lufthansa call centre who seemed unable to confirm, any Thai awards ticket, without calling through to Thai first to confirm space. For the honour of being able to speak to a human I was being charged .10p per minute and eventually gave up after 20 minutes.

My office then hooked me up with the Lufthansa call centre in the USA (for 1p per minute). Spoke to a charming call centre operator, who was able to check my account, book the return journey on Thai using airmiles and make my seat reservations in 5 minutes flat, no fuss, no asking me to hold, no calling Thai.

I would love to understand why the service between the UK and USA reservation staff differs so much. Well done to the staff in the States for providing such a swift and resolute service. Based on this experience, I will be keeping the USA reservation number handy for future use.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls