United lounge LHR-T2

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• BPP
    Participant

Flying with EVA to BKK (in J) shortly. I gather from a phone call that they are now using the United Lounge whereas previous flights have used the Air Canada lounge.
    If anybody has used this lounge in the evening recently a ‘heads-up’ would be appreciated.

GreenScot
    Participant

EVA is part of the Star Alliance; therefore, you can use any of the T2 lounges regardless of which you are directed to.

https://www.staralliance.com/en/web/uk/uk-lounges

If you are flying from B Gates, skip the Lufthansa lounge, which is at A Gates and more functional than appealing.

Of the other three:

United Club – it’s a nice, airy lounge with a great bar and OKish food. During the day when United flies, it can be like a zoo, but I assume it’s not like that in the evening (?).
    Singapore Airlines – darker, smaller lounge, my preferred lounge for food. Small bar but has a reasonable selection
    Air Canada – I think of this as the halfway house lounge between the other two. Lighter and airier than the SQ next door but the views are not amazing

You could check all three if you have time and then decide.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    BPP

DerekVH
    Participant

The Air Canada lounges closes at 8pm and the EVA flight departs at 2135 so I would avoid that. The United lounge closes at 10 which is unfortunate if the flight is delayed. Not sure on the times of the Singapore Lounge.

BPP

CheerUp
    Participant

SQ Lounge – 22:00.

BPP

BPP
    Participant

Thanks all. The issue of a delayed flight is valid, I have noticed that EVA’s punctuality is still not that good but having had two bad experiences recently in transit I decided to take advantage of a reasonably priced direct flight to avoid any tansit hassle. Have used them pre- pandemic with no real issues other than punctuality.
    Out of interest when I rang EVA desk in T2 they did say that access to the SQ lounge was only available if I had a Star Alliance gold card (nope!)? We will see!

DerekVH
    Participant

EVA previously used Air Canada as their main lounge but received loads of complaints that everyone was thrown out at 8pm so they change to using the Lufthansa lounge which has the major disadvantage of being a long way from the gate. A member of staff commented that it had been changed to United because so many people were late boarding because they were not aware of how long it took to get from the Lufthansa lounge to the B gates. Hopefully the most recent change will result in reduced delays!

BPP
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls