United Airlines not honoring their agreement for flight cancellation.

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Snow
    Participant

Was on a canceled United flight from Delhi to Houston 2 weeks ago. United canceled the flight, promised to refund the change in flight fee, and the difference in fare for flights going to the same final destination that were booked in the same class.

Long story short. I re-booked a new flight with United, same class (Economy) to the same destination. The ticket was $432 more expensive ($864 really, as I had to purchase a ticket for my wife as well). So last night I get an email saying I’ve been approved for a refund for the 2 x $300 flight change fees, but not the difference in fare. Customer support is giving me the run-around; what advice do yall have?

Edit: this blew up! Thanks for all the input guys and gals. Couple extra points: I’m a silver member in their rewards club, almost to gold status. I spoke to customer service on the phone; they tried to deny they would cover the difference in fare but resubmitted my claim with some notes about their agreement to cover it (which I guess I’m supposed to provide proof of; jokes on me for not having a screenshot of their contract). If I dont get a positive resolution I will 100% call my CC and dispute the charges. Stay tuned yall; don’t touch that dial!

Edit 2: for the folks asking how/why I rebooked instead of getting them to do it:

I was in India and didnt have phone service to call.

I was hundreds of miles from the airport so driving there to talk to a ticket agent wasnt an option

The email and notification in the United app both directed me to a portal saying “book through here and we will refund your ticket change fees/difference in fare for same class ticket.”

I thought it sounded weird too – best case, I essentially gave United a rent free loan for 4 weeks.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=930756]The email and notification in the United app both directed me to a portal saying “book through here and we will refund your ticket change fees/difference in fare for same class ticket.”[/quote]

How did you make the change? Surely if you had made the change via the email portal, you would not have been charged..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls