United Airlines B757-200 (Version 1) United BusinessFirst

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

DaveJennings
    Participant

I’m UK based, so only fly United 3 times a year for transatlantic trips, though I take around 100 flights a year inside Europe. I have Premier Silver status with UA, so sometimes get upgrades which obviously I appreciate.

BusinessFirst in the 757 is great, as the aircraft have recently been overhauled with the lay flat beds. This might seem overkill for the 3 hour flight sector I took, but anything to help de-stress is always welcomed.

Service , quality of drinks and food were all superb. The only complaint I have is that whilst i was in Boarding Group 1, this was the very last Group to board because of catering staff being late to the gate. They didn’t want to board us as they couldn’t offer us the usual snacks pre take-off, instead had us wait at the gate for 45 minutes whilst the main cabin was boarded and the snacks finally delivered.

To be honest I’d rather have sat in the cabin with a cool drink than at the gate, and of course this delay also meant that I had 45 minutes to make my transatlantic connection home when I arrived at Newark. In reality this was more like 20 minutes because of board times etc.

Overall, this was a great experience marred only by the delay at the gate with the knock on of a little added stress on the “Will I, Won’t I”? question on my connection.

I’m glad to see United are upping their game. I know they enjoy quite a poor rep for CS, but to be honest I’ve never had anything but very good experiences with them, I’m glad to say.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls