United Airlines A320 United First (short-haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

EugeneCiancanelli
    Participant

Worst first class service I ever had. Not worth the money.

I was sitting in first row aisle seat located 4 feet from the restroom. I was the first person to use the restroom and found the place filthy, with a small pile of feces on the toilet seat and the sink did not look like it had been cleaned since it left the Airbus factory. You don’t build up that level of caked on crud in less than months of neglected cleaning a sink. Of course the floor was also wet with water or urine.

I asked for a glass of white wine and it was served in a cheap plastic cup like you use at an office water cooler. The wine was sour and when I told the steward, he offered me another glass from the same bottle. I instead asked for a Heniken beer and he gave me a Miller Lite beer.

Eventually, we got to the so called “First Class Dinner Service”. It was a reheated microwaved hamburger with cheese and no dressing. During the microwave process the cheeseburger slid apart and this was how it was served. The cheeseburger was not accompanied by anything like a salad, fries, or potato chips. Instead we got a hard roll with butter to accompany a cheeseburger, what a wierd combination. Desert was one chocolate chip cookie. The man in the row behind me asked for a second cookie and was politely informed there was only one small chocolate chip cookie per first class passenger. That was it, no other beverage, food, or any amenities.

In flight entertainment was to look at the bulkhead wall. No in flight entertainment, no magazines, no newspapers, just the pleasure of watching other passengers, especially women, entering the rest- room and fleeing in disgust. I know the crew knew of the dirty restroom because the pilot, copilot, and steward all used it. For this experience you pay substantially more than one receives in coach class.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls