United Air Canada

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

As an interesting side note….

Just finished reading that AC has recently been awarded 4 star airline status by Skytrax….the only North American airline to do so…..

They will really need to focus on delivering great customer service if they want to maintain theie elite status within North America ! Can’t imagine anything more embarrising than to lose a star next year!

Communipaw
    Participant

Monty, I’m still trying to understand why you are taking this out on United when your real issue is with Air Canada. I understand your frustration, having had to endure weather related cancellations.

For what its worth, My sister-in-Law was in Boston during last weeks big blizzard. she had a Jet Blue flight from Providence, Rhode Island (PVD) to Orlando. Providence received over 2 feet of snow.

I called Jet Blue to find out the status of her flight…and was immediately connected to an agent who was very friendly and gave me the information that I needed to pass along to her.

United is a good airline. I’m flying them next week to New Mexico. I don’t know if I would necessarily take it out on them.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

montystreble
    Participant

I booked the ticket through United (codeshare), when I called United for help, they simply told me to call AC, who weren’t answering or helping.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

As an agent, if booked on a UA codeshare flight number then whilst I would expect United to help out in getting re-booked it would be down to AC to sort out things like accommodation as they are the operating carrier.

Something like this does highlight also using a good agent. Had a client call me from there cancelled flight at 15:40 on Friday as the pilot announced on tannoy that flight was cancelled (Austrian airlines) after an aborted take off. It meant that I could call Austrian (who had to call airport to confirm flight cancellation as it hadn’t showed on there system) and get client rebooked onto a 17:00 flight with Lufthansa via Munich to his destination and not worry about a scrum of people at the airport trying to get rebooked (would have been onto a later Austrian flight). An agent can’t always help but it is another avenue. In the AC situation a good agent could have assisted in finding a hotel rather than leave it to AC – then a claim can be made back via insurance.

Either way AC didn’t exactly cover themselves in any glory and you think they should be prepared for weather and other events – more so at a hub airport. As a customer you can choose where to take your custom and no doubt you feel strongly about the issue – but I’d say the issue is with AC and not UA.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls