UK’s Newest Aviation Attraction

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

Ever fancied a jaunt in a vintage aircraft?

Air Atlantiqe has recently established AIRBASE at Coventry Airport, which is now home to Britain’s largest collection of flyable vinatge jets and piston powered aircraft.

Among the collection include a Dragon Rapide and a Dove, as well as a DC-3 and Dc-6.

There is also a Nimrod.

http://www.classicflightclub.com/airbase

Perhaps a champagne flight beckons for Mrs Rowberry?

SimonRowberry
    Participant

To quote you, VK, “we are amused.”

Perhaps she should go with Mrs T?

Cheers, Simon

NTarrant
    Participant

Sadly Mrs T would not be able to accompany Mrs R. The planes are not big enough or have BA on the side. I had enough trouble getting her to beleive me that QF and NZ were alright, thankfully they are!

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Please order 2 First seats (or CW will do) and some blue & white paint for a Nimrod.

I’ve twice taken off in a BA plane with Nimrods around, when they would allow Kinloss to be used for fog diversions before ILS was installed here and the current security situation. They also flew a Concorde in and out of there one grey day in April (late 90s) as part of an open day at the base.

VintageKrug
    Participant

There’s a Nimrod at Manchester these days; I think you can do tours on it.

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/Content/nimrod

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve been in the Dove and the DC3. Great planes. I’ve always thought the Dove looks like a 747 that’s been through a too hot plane wash!

I’d go just for the chance to fly in the Rapide.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls