UK to Hong Kong passenger flights to restart later this week

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

• AnthonyDunn
    Participant

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Is that you Comrade Xia Baolong? Or is “C Woodward” merely another member of the Alpha-male fraternity for whom two opinions are allowed: your own and those who agree with you?

Either way, you can rest assured that I will be responding in due course – but you rank after my Senior Management’s ongoing lung cancer treatment, completing my Luxished ™ at the bottom of the garden and watching some paint dry.

TonyR
    Participant

I think we are about to see a reversal of fortunes. Asia was very successful in physically controlling the spread early on with masks etc (and the natural propensity to wear masks in their populations). Until recently numbers have remained low but so have vaccination rates. They therefore now have an largely unvaccinated population that is prone to the new variants being introduced plus many are using the Sinopharm and Sinovac vaccines which have questionable effectiveness (see for example the Seychelles experience with very high vaccination rates but continuing infections and hospitalisations). So we may now see cases falling in the heavily vaccinated western countries and rising again in the Asian ones unless there are stringent physical control measures like this to minimise its reintroduction until everyone can be vaccinated. Just my $0.02 worth.

cwoodward
    Participant

AnthonyDunn
    Please don’t feel in any way compelled to respond on my account and good luck with the paint watching.

My response to Mr Dunns contribution that so grossly misrepresented and denigrated the situation in Hong Kong was made with great reluctance.
    I don’t and never have agreed with blatantly political discussions on this business travel based forum and will be making no further contributions of that nature however much provoked by the racism and ignorance displayed above.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
July August 2021 cover
July August 2021 cover
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls