UK government’s Global Travel Taskforce ‘no longer active’

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• toptraveller
    Participant

It is being reported in other publications in the travel media that:
    “The UK government’s Global Travel Taskforce (GTT), established “in response to the impact of and specific challenges posed by Covid-19 to international travel”, is ‘no longer active’, according to the Department for Transport.”

If this is accurate it is a worrying development…

cwoodward
    Participant

I have not been able to find any record of it ever having done anything thus perhaps its demise is of no great import.

canucklad
    Participant

A grandiose name for a group of people who have achieved , well nobody really knows?

It’s yet another example throughout this crisis of proclamations and actions that target activity rather than real achievement

And mainly they’re designed to tug at our emotions , giving us a sense of doing good rather than actually accomplishing anything that gets us out of this sooner.

All very depressing , as I said on another topic I’m getting a real feel of defeatism from our rulers with all this – Ironic considering the success of the vaccination

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls