UK bans Emirates shower attendants

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

After years without problems it seems the UK has now found a problem.

UK Bans Emirates First Class Shower Attendants

canucklad
    Participant

Does this mean that passengers on airlines that offer on-board chefs won’t be able to munch down on fine cuisine ?

1 user thanked author for this post.

AJDC
    Participant

I do not understand why anyone would want to use such a facility, expect perhaps to pass the tedium of a flight…

stevescoots
    Participant

[postquote quote=977233][/postquote]

I have used it several times, very useful to go strait to work after a long flight.

Ahmad
    Participant

[postquote quote=977259]

I have used it only once when my incoming into DXB got delayed and they rushed me directly from one gate to the other and only myself and two other First passengers made the connection. Very useful when you can’t use the facilities in the lounge in transit or when you have to take a flight straight from work/meetings and can’t shower in the lounge.

MarcusGB
    Participant

I have used them in First Class on the long 15hrs+ flight with Etihad from AUH-SYD.
    With a major shift in local zones, either before sleeping or after, it enables a structure for the body rhythms, food intakes etc. It enables you to re-arrange yr usual routine, and is really refreshing.
    Then start work, or travel on after a long sector and time zone changes.It avoids jet lag for me.
    No shower attendants though, but you can reserve a time and the crews attend to prepare before and after.

Also as i did ask, in case of severe turbulence, they come to you with a dressing gown to assist you to safety if required.

Pity the A350’s and Dreamliners will not have these facilities, along with the space of 2 floor aircraft, so we shall lose these beneficial aspects of travel.
    However, shower facilities in the lounges either on early morning arrivals, or before night flights at the Good Airline Lounges like KLM in AMS, i find just as useful.
    Available to Frequent flyers and Business Class travellers with lounge access, not just First travellers on Board.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[postquote quote=977259][/postquote]

I also use them, every time. There is the novelty factor of a shower at 35,000 feet but also nice to arrive clean, shaved and showered before connecting onto another flight, such as my usual JNB – George run, or even perhaps a long drive to the final destination.

It’s also rather nice to know the bathrooms, throughout the plane, are clean to use throughout the flight.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls