UC on Virgin Atlantic

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

TheMidasGold
    Participant

Okay, so I am a loyal BA customer, a gold card holder and rarely fly with any other carrier.

However, i’ve just returned from a flight to New Delhi where I was booked in UC on Virgin. The experience was quite shocking.

To be fair check in and the lounge was fine, but the private security channel was really slow.

Once on board, you find really unfriendly staff, a tatty cabin, although once again, to be fair, the bed is fine. But the real shocker is the food and wine. It has to be the most culinary experience I have ever had in the air. Dreadful food, warm wine and when I complained to the Cabin Crew they gave big attitude.

Sad how such an iconic British brand has turned into something so awful!

Bucksnet
    Participant

Imagine the treatment given to the lower classes, if upper class get treated like this!

BA, for all its faults and inconsistencies, is much better than Virgin.

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

Virgin has lost the plot over the last year or two. Your report is not untypical- many have given very poor marks on their flight reports below.

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/vir_atl.htm

Recently the pilots withdrew their strike threat despite a significant percentage voting in favour – Virgin’s finances do not appear to be at all healthy.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

My last flight UC on Virgin was well over 18 months ago. The cabin was very tatty, the food left a lot to be desired and the crew made me feel as if they were doing me a favour by being there.

There have been several comments on the forum over the past couple of years about the dire UC service. I am hoping that there will be a relaunch of the hard product sometime soon.

BA more or less covers all the routes I used to take with Virgin, however, I would be pleased to retry Virgin again, if for no other reason than I have over a million airmiles to use.

Any news of an UC revamp would welcome.

Hippocampus
    Participant

What’s happening with new UC is anyone’s guess and I doubt any significant capital expenditure on a roll out of the new product (if there were any plans to add it to existing aircraft) will be approved until its future ownership is clarified.

Perhaps this is a story BT should start investigating?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls