Turkish Airlines up to their usual standards

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Sitting in Burger KIng at IST. Flying Swiss to BHX via ZRH in Business Class. With a colleague who’s flying Air Baltic. Having been told at check in that I could take a guest into the THY Lounge as a Star Alliance Gold member, entrance to my colleague was duly refused at the CIP Lounge as BT are no longer a Star Alliance member.

Fair enough. However the incredibly offhand and rude way it was done was utterly unnecessary. I’ve posted before about how rude THY staff are at this lounge and they came up trumps again today.

An unsafe airline which seems to be staffed by the only unpleasant and rude poeple in Turkey. I wonder how they recruit them?

Simon

Hess963
    Participant

Hi Simon !

Sorry for your bad experience in IST. But even for * Gold holders of their own airline–they are pretty rude as well. I had a lot of bad experiences..sadly eventhough they get regular complaint- posts from their Elite holders..they still uphold this bad service. Wish you a better experience next time !

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Hi Hess.

Thanks. To compound it all my flight to ZRH is delayed so I’ll miss my connection to BHX.

I avoid THY but cannot avoid their ground handling staff….

Simon

Hess963
    Participant

Hi Simon !

oh…., hope you settle it for the better in ZRH. I believe it is the weather or was it the ground staffs in IST. I don’t like transiting in IST when flying THY–I try to book an earlier flight to IST and stay the day in a hotel or explore the town until for my flight in the evening. I am avoiding the CP lounge of THY as I don’t like it. It is a shame that this CP lounge is the best what * Alliance can offer in this airport. Well, the Millenium Lounge is so là là….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls