Turkish Airlines returns to Libya

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

It may be helpful to some intrepid business travellers here to know that after a hiatus of some 10 years Turkish is resuming flights to Libya from Istanbul 3 times weekly from next week.

MarkivJ
    Participant

Kudos to TK – they sure know how to reach all markets!

persiantraveller
    Participant

ITA Airways will also relaunch Libya flights.

cwoodward
    Participant

‘ITA Airways will also relaunch Libya flights.’

Perhaps !

BlazeBreeze
    Participant

Turkish Airlines is stepping up their game by starting again the flights from Istanbul to Libya, happening three times in one week; that really makes things easier. If you travel for work or simply want to experience something new, it is always good to have many choices for flights. Also, Istanbul is a lively center with lots of things to see if you have time between flights. It is nice to observe the reestablishment of connections and the emergence of new chances, especially following a break that lasted for ten years.

persiantraveller
    Participant

Yes, most probably they will! It’s a great restart for Libya with TK, AZ, and a few other airlines restarting flights, good for Libya and all airlines involved.

onajetplane
    Participant

One of my most reminiscent memories of airport security will always be Tripoli airport… they looked incredibly “perplexed” by a small, mini (but quite solid silver) Louis Vuitton luggage padlock with key. And so insisted on taking it off me. I protested. I was told that I “might lock the pilot in his cabin”. At that point I relented, and thus my ownership of the lock was no more…

2 users thanked author for this post.

BlazeBreeze
    Participant

That’s interesting! It sounds like Turkish Airlines is making a comeback to Libya after quite a break. For frequent business travelers, having more flight options can definitely make planning trips easier.

FormerBA
    Participant

Visited Libya in 2008 and again in 2010 with my wife and two kids aged 4 and 6 later 5 and 7.

I have never in 44?years of travel encountered such generosity of spirit and hospitality and probs Lh never will again.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls