Tuesday: Obama Visit

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

Will there be much disruption at LHR?

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

VK – there should be none as he is flying into Stansted if my information is correct.

VintageKrug
    Participant

That would make sense. I would imagine they’ll still be knock-on effects due to ATC closures etc.

What with the ash cloud and this, I’m glad to be earthbound this week.

RHMAngel
    Participant

With a reported ~1,500 entourage of which ~500 is security/protection – can you imagine the chaos if Obama & co get “stranded” due to the ash cloud 😮 and reaching London (given how much effort goes into a presidential visit…)

Still, the ferries companies might good business 😉 into Wales, and motorways packed with his motor-cade…

JordanD
    Participant

Well, on his last visit to the UK, he (like all the other leaders coming for the G20) used STN. Apparently he’s being met by HRH Prince Charles & the Duchess of Cornwall there.

As for his getaway – he’s heading onto Paris and then Warsaw for the rest of his European trip.

The big question: how long before O’Leary starts complaining about the effect on his operations there.

Binman62
    Participant

Not sure whats worse…….using STN or being met by the Prince of Wales and his wife….

Potakas
    Participant

Binman, speed ramps are the worst… 😀

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKym-Zi3mOQ

JordanD
    Participant

Well, he’s due in tonight now …. so O’Leary’s late flights are done for!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Presume he’ll bring London traffic to a standstill and avoid paying the congestion charge as the Americans have done since inception.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Not wishing to be party to any national secrets or infer I am trying to interfere with the latest American secret service mission in London, but does anyone have any clues which parts of central London are going to have traffic problem casued by our American visitor?

JordanD
    Participant

According to the BBC, you can assume Whitehall (Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Downing St), The Mall (Buckingham Palace) and Regent’s Park area (Winfield House).

Not much really – probably more disruption from State Opening of Parliament.

Kaicat75
    Participant

I am currently listening to the helicopter going over the office and doing laps of Buckingham Palace, so he has got to be in the area.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls