TSA pre-check

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• FaroFlyer
    Participant

Can anyone tell me how you know that you are TSA pre-check cleared before you check in for a flight? It would affect the time I allow at the airport. For the last few years I have been pleasantly surprised to find that I am TSA cleared on flights using AA. Is the pre-check linked only to my AA Million Mile Gold card, or, linked to my passport ID. I am flying from LAS next month on BA and am interested to know how I find out.

_glbetrkkr_
    Participant

Hi FaroFlyer,

Unless you’ve applied for the Precheck program, you won’t know until after you check in. You’ll see the green check, usually under your name, indicating you’ve Precheck. BA is a participating airline so you may get it…

1 user thanked author for this post.

Frank
    Participant

Most airlines allow you to check in, on line, 24 hours before your flight (as does BA). Your boarding card, whether electronic or hard copy, will indicate whether you have TSA PRE clearance.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Do Emirates also qualify for pre-check, as I’m flying them from Dubai to New York in November?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@LP. whilst an airline may be included in the pre check system, my understanding is the TSA pre check clearance is undertaken on an individual passenger basis… i.e. you do not automatically qualify…

Ximon
    Participant

I registered for TSA Precheck on their website and chose to go to Newark Airport for the interview. I added TSA to my profile on United which I was told was required for my ticket and boarding pass to show my TSA pre-clearance. That was 5-6 years ago and I don’t know if the rules have changed. But I still see the TSA office when I depart from Newark baggage check.

Departing Newark, I use the TSA machines at Immigration which saves a lot of time.

Ximon
    Participant

To correct my last message, I registered for both TSA Pre-Check and Global Entry. TSA Pre-check requires each airline to participate in order to get TSA privileges when going through security. Thi is done by getting your “known traveler number” printed on your ticket/boarding pass.

When I arrive back in the States, I use my Global Entry account to go through the automated kiosks at Customs/Immigration.

So basically, I use TSA Pre-check (if my airline is included) to get through Security when I am flying out and the Global Entry kiosk when I arrive back in the States.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Ximon – I presume you are a US citizen. I do not believe that UK citizens can register for TSA pre clearance of the other fast track Blue??

Ximon
    Participant

Not sure about TSA Precheck but Brits can apply for Global Entry:
    https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/international-arrangements/registered-traveller/citizens-united-kingdom

Do you have Fast track? If so, is it worth it for only occasional trips through Heathrow?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls