Travel to Poland

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

• SenatorGold
    Participant

Has anyone travelled to Poland recently from the UK? I am due to arrive in Warsaw on Saturday 15 January 2022 at 11.50hrs.

This is what the Polish entry requirements state:

All travellers are required to present a negative result of the COVID-19 test taken within 24 hours before crossing the border, counting from the date of receiving the result, regardless of their means of transport (collective, individual, or crossing the border on foot).

The BA website says: Vaccinated travelers arriving in Poland must have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR or antigen test result issued a maximum of 24 hours before arrival in Poland.

I understand this to mean that if took the test on 13 January, but receive my results after 10.50hrs GMT on 14 January I satisfy their requirements.

However, the Verify app doesn’t allow for the entry of any tests taken before 14 January.

Am I in the clear

LaWhore
    Participant

Perhaps you need to apply common sense and perform the test few hours before the departure from the comfort of your home?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

As far as the Verifly App is concerned, having tried to use it several times, I am not surprised it throws up this kind of difficulty.

If you take the test on the 13th you’d be in the odd position of hoping the results didn’t come too quickly, which is the opposite of the normal worry.

I assume there’s a reason you can’t take the test on the Friday (14 January). A similar thing happened to me (the day before was a Sunday, I was travelling, and the normal test centres were closed, so I had to do a test via video with a lady from the Philippines by webinar.

I have also encountered someone doing a similar ‘via video’ in the restroom of a hotel. He’d had to check out, the timing meant he had to do the test in the early evening, and so there he was having a conversation and observed test over his mobile phone.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

LaWhore. It appears that you are an antivax troll and you really need to take your views elsewhere. It’s interesting that nearly all of your posts have been reported as inappropriate. That must be a record amongst posters. Just sayin’.Also, do you really have to be so rude to people?

8 users thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Agreed. I’ve deleted that post.

3 users thanked author for this post.

LaWhore
    Participant

SimonRowberry. It appears you have misunderstood the concept of an internet forum where people often express polarising opinions. **** Edited by BT ***

You have omitted a rather inconvenient fact that my posts, in addition to being reported as inappropriate, are also being liked by others.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

It’s a fine line, and a judgement call, but if in doubt, let’s be nice.

We are all grateful for all contributions, but we also want to encourage, and not discourage, others from posting and expressing their opinions or questions.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

We are not going to carry on like this.
    I have not got the time to constantly delete comments on this forum with posters insulting one another. Either comment politely on the topic, or don’t post at all.
    There are lots of places where you can insult other people you disagree with – the Times comments section, the Telegraph, Facebook etc…
    Any more and I will start blocking accounts.

4 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Could someone please clarify the information on this thread….

1. The OP asked the original question

“The BA website says: Vaccinated travelers arriving in Poland must have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR or antigen test result issued a maximum of 24 hours before arrival in Poland.”

2. A poster then made a comment

“perform the test few hours before the departure from the comfort of your home?”

Maybe I am reading the posts incorrectly, but (1) I understand would be a laboratory sample test – whilst (2) could be understood to be a self or video style test. Would Poland / or any other country, where an anti gen test is required, accept anything other than the formal laboratory test (for anti gen)?

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Martyn,

From my recent travels to Finland and Estonia, my experience suggests that EU states seem to require lab-based (i.e. paid-for) tests and that home testing is not acceptable. This experience includes looking at the requirements in EU states that presented a transiting opportunity, such as Germany on LH and, indeed, Poland on LOT.

I’m happy to be corrected.

Simon

LaWhore
    Participant

There is no requirement for a test to be performed by a lab for travel to Poland.

dutchyankee
    Participant

I live in Poland, and the rules are quite straight forward. If you are arriving from a non-EU destination, or non-Schengen area or Turkey, i.e. the UK, you need to provide a negative CoVid test (PCR or Antigen) taken no more than 24 hours prior to your arrival. At home tests do not qualify. You do have the opportunity to take a CoVid test upon arrival at Warsaw airport if your aren’t able to get a test prior to travel.

LaWhore
    Participant

Sorry to disappoint but they do. What is the source of your information?

ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=1198398]

No doubt dutchyankee will respond to you in due course. This is from the Polish government website:

As of 15 December, people arriving from outside the Schengen area must have a COVID-19 test performed within 24 hours before crossing the border, counting from the time of the test result.

Vaccination does not exempt you from taking the test. Failure to present a negative test will result in a 14-day quarantine from which you may be released on the basis of a negative test no earlier than on the 8th day after crossing the border.

You can also do the test at some Polish airports before the border check. You are encouraged to verify information in this regard on websites of individual airports.”

It is of course ambigious, as it doesn’t actually specify what kind of Covid test. The UK government information does not clarify it. But, if I was travelling to Poland I would take the informed advice of SimonRowberry (who has experienced this travel) and dutchyankee (who lives in Poland) rather than yours.

LaWhore
    Participant

[postquote quote=1198406]

It’s irrelevant what other forum members think.

The law is stipulated on the Polish government website and since it does not stipulate a laboratory test is required, there is no need to present one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
The topic ‘Travel to Poland’ is closed to new replies.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls