Travel Tech Show (next week) Excel

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

I always thought travel shows/exhibitions were to provide a focal point for brands to present themselves to businesses both large and small.

Next weeks travel Tech Show has made it quite clear they are not after small business attending as there is an entry charge close to £1,000 per person for non large corporate buyers to enter the show.

Visitor type Ticket price
    Buyer Free
    Exhibitor Free
    Qualified press Free
    Speaker Free
    Non-buyer visitor £699 + VAT (increasing to £799+VAT from tomorrow).

I completed a pre show questionnaire, and the response that I received stated

“Based on the information you provided, you have been identified as a supplier and will need to purchase a non-buyer pass. To do this, click on the link below to purchase your pass:” – a curious statement which I asked the organizers to confirm exactly what travel goods/services I was supplying… (no answer).

What this presumably is a euphemism for is your spend is too small, do not waste our time!

Unless there is another explanation.

PS – if anyone has a spare ticket for the 28th, I would be very grateful.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Montysaurus
    Participant

Ditto Martyn.

StephenLondon
    Participant

And ditto here, both. I’ve already decided to give the show a miss this year, clearly the organisers seem to have a full house and aren’t interested in small or medium size buyers, instead they are trying the pay-or-go-away method. So, when they end up realising they are talking down their own rabbit holes to fellow suppliers, they may emerge and wonder where all their potential customers have gone. I, for one, won’t be around to explain it to them.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

and again this year, the Business Travel Show at the Excel in June is asking nearly £1,000 (including VAT) for small business owners to gain access on the day.

The admissions policy:

“If you are a supplier to the industry and aren’t exhibiting at the show, please complete this form to buy your visitor pass. The following rates are available:” – however, last year, applications for a visitor pass were met with accusations of being a supplier to the travel industry and true visitors, appeared to forced into the parting with large amounts of cash….

Are BT able to confirm the details of any other London based travel exhibition where small business owners are able to attend without having to pay an entrance fee more akin to a top tier sporting event or has the post covid travel industry now gravitated towards dealing through the multi million pound turnover companies?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls